Jiangsu Provincial Government has set up the Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship” for international students inorder to promote the development of higher education of International studentsin Jiangsu, to further improve the profile of Jiangsu Education to the world,to highlight the brand of “Study in Jiangsu” and to make Jiangsu a preferredprovince for international students to study in. This scholarship will beprovided to those excellent overseas students or scholars to undertake fulltime study in universities and colleges of Jiangsu. It will also include thosenon-degree program students and exchange students in accordance witheducational exchange agreements and MOUs between the Jiangsu ProvincialGovernment and the governments of other states, institutions, universities andinternational organizations.
I. CATEGORIES OF APPLICANTS
1. Excellent foreign students who wish toundertake full time study in universities and colleges in Jiangsu Province.
2. Non-degree program students andexchange students in accordance with educational exchange agreements and MOUsbetween the Jiangsu Provincial Government and the governments of other states,institutions, universities and international organizations
II. CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
● Applicants for both the college and undergraduate programsmust have a senior high school diploma with a good academic performance and beunder the age of 30.
● Applicants for the master’s degree program must have abachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
● Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have amaster’s degree and be under the age of 40.
3. Applicants must agree to obey the relevant laws of the PRCand meet the admission requirements of the host universities or colleges.
4. Applicants must have a good academic record.
5. Applicants cannot be recipients of other scholarshipsoffered by Chinese government, local governments or other organizations simultaneously.
III. CONDITIONS OF SCHOLARSHIP
1. Full Scholarship
● A fee waiver of tuition, registration, laboratoryexperiments, internship, and basic textbooks.
Cost of experiments or internships beyond the programcurricula is at student’s own expense.
Cost of books or learning materials other than required basictextbooks is at student’s own expense.
● Free on-campus dormitory accommodation, or an accommodationallowance of CNY 10,000 per year.
● A living allowance of CNY1,500 per month
Scholarship recipients registering before the 15th ofthe registration month (the 15th included) will be granted the full livingallowance of that month.
Recipients registering after the 15th of the registrationmonth will only be granted half of the living allowance of that month.
● Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme forInternational Students while in China.
2. Partial Scholarship
1) College student: CNY20,000 per academic year; Duration:One academic year
2) Undergraduate student / Postgraduate student: CNY 30,000per academic year; Duration: One academic year
3) Non-degree program student / Exchange student: CNY2,000per month; Duration: 3 to 12 months (in accordance with the agreement)
IV. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
1. Log on to the “Study in Jiangsu” website(www.studyinjiangsu.org)
2. Register an individual account
3. Complete the Application Form online, and upload e-copiesof relevant original documents
4. Print the Application Form, sign it, and then mail it withnotarized copies of the relevant documents to the Office of Jasmine JiangsuGovernment Scholarship Management Team (Mailing Address: Please find it inCONTACT)
V. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
1. Scanned copy of the passport photo page.
2. Highest diploma / degree certificate (notarized photocopy). High school students or university students shall also provideCertificate of Enrollment from the school or the university they are studyingin. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached withnotarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts inlanguages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarizedtranslations in Chinese or English.
4. Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate studiesmust submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professorsor associate professors with contact details of referees.
5. Other relevant documents.
Please Note: Submitted documents will not be returnedregardless of the result of application.
The Office of Jasmine Jiangsu Government ScholarshipManagement Team
Room 1212, No. 15, West Beijing Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu, P. R.China
Tel: +86 25 83335332
Fax: +86 25 83335521